Thursday 11 July 2013

Summer Style Guide: Dress From Prom Girl


This post is part of Drugstore Divas’ Summer Style Guide. Come back daily for the next two weeks to find other Summer Style posts.
I painted my toe nails turquoise, then declared it the color of the summer. I told it to Pete, who really doesn’t care what trends are, so he asked, “Says who?”
“Says me,” I replied. And that was authority enough for leave it alone.
And, as soon as my nails were dry, a turquoise dress for review arrived at my door. The dress was the Clarisse short dress from PromGirl. The dress is called a prom dress, but I feel like it would be better suited for homecoming or even a middle school dance. I know, I know, it really is a bit fancy for middle school dances (I remember wearing a body suit, a crocheted vest, and jeans to my eighth grade dance — which really makes it sound like I grew up in the ’70s, but I didn’t. I just let my mom pick out my outfit). So yes, this may be a bit dressy for middle school dances of yore, but kids are growing up a lot quicker lately — and this dress is a bit “young” for an 18-year-old girl going to prom.
dress2
The dress is really cute. It has a sweetheart neck, which is adorned with sparkles. Under the bust is an empire stash, followed by an extreme amount of tulle. The bottom makes the dress extremely wide from the bust down, which is great because girls really do wear cheap uk prom dresses that are way too form fitting these days. The bust, well, that is form fitting. You really do have to squeeze into the top if you order the wrong size.
There is a sizing chart on the site, but I definitely would recommend ordering a size up from what you need. This dress does run really small up top, so you run the risk of not fitting into it. Just something to keep in mind: your dress size is generally a full size bigger than your clothing size, so order this two sizes bigger than your clothing size (if you wear a 2 usually, a 6 would work best in this dress unless you really don’t expect to breathe at all while wearing it).
dress4
The back of the dress is adored with a really pretty oversized bow. The only funny part about the bow is it is situated vertically, not horizontally. It just seems like a small design flaw on an otherwise really beautifully constructed dress. You can easily cut the bow off with scissors, so don’t let that deter you from the dress.
The dress retails for $239, according to the website, but it is on sale for $99. Plus, the site has a price match guarantee. If you buy the dress and find it cheaper at a US-based website, you can submit it and receive the difference, plus 10% refunded to you. I love price matching so this is great.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free prom dresses . Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.view more

2013 New V-neck Halter Slit Front Chiffon Prom Dress

      
V-neck halter slit front chiffon prom dress features a dazzling Grecian inspired halter top evening dress for prom or
party. This elegant evening gown features three bands of sparkling silver stones about the waist enhancing a daring
low v-neckline, halter top and open back. The full length skirt falls in easy folds from the waist with an enticing front slit.
Add some alluring details like the tie-back neck and high slit that exposes a hint of leg, it is all that an evening magical
dress should be
Fabric: Poly Chiffon
Style: Sheath style, V-neck, halter, bands of silver stones, slit front, floor-length
Washing: Hand wash/dry clean separately, hang dry, iron at low temperature, no chlorine bleaching, less than 10 minutes soak time

No comments:

Post a Comment